Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Wrist Surgery

On May 18th at 9 a.m. I will be in surgery for my left wrist. The Dr. will hallow out the dead bone in my wrist and then fill it with a bone graft from my arm. I'm sure there will be a bit more pain involved with this surgery than my ankle surgery due to the graft but the Dr. says that I'll be back to work in just a few days.

I would like to ask for prayers on this one. As most of you know, this surgery only has a 40% success rate and if it does not work than I'll have to endure another surgery to remove the dead bone in my wrist and fuse four other bones together to accommodate for the hole left by the missing bone. If this is the case, I'll lose 40-60% of my range of motion in my left wrist.

I know how powerful prayer can be and I am grateful to all my friends and family who have already prayed for me in length ;0)

I'll post again next week to update everyone on my recovery. It will be a few weeks before the Dr. will be able to determine if the graft took but I'll continue to keep everyone updated. Thanks again for all of your support!

XOXOXOX

1 comment:

andi said...

Deleena ~ you are always in my prayers but I will say a special one for you and to your speedy recovery from the successful surgery!!