Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Success

The surgery was a success. I am managing more pain than I wanted but am sure it will get better soon (especially after I take my vicidan). I am in a soft cast for two weeks then I'll be put into a hard cast when the stitches come out. I think I'll be in a cast for three months before we'll know if the graft took and I'll need a cat scan to determine that. Then they'll have to go in surgically to remove the pins.

The Dr. did say that if the graft does not take then I will have to "deal" with the pain from the dead bone, become arthritic, and over the years loose range of motion. When the arthritis takes over and starts to impair my quality of life then he will perform the second surgery to remove the dead bone. So the good news is that I won't have another surgery on my wrist for a while but if this does not work than I'll get to live with additional arthritis. . . . . yeah.

Again, thanks so much for every ones get well wishes and prayers!
XOXO

No comments: